XBLA Sales Analysis in short, September 2013
The only weekly stats we got:
LIVE Activity for week of Sept. 23
1. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
2. Terraria – Xbox 360 Edition
3. State of Decay
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
5. Castle Crashers
6. Trials Evolution
7. DuckTales: Remastered
8. BattleBlock Theater
9. Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers
10. The Walking Dead
11. Girl Fight
12. Trials HD
13. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
14. Worms 2: Armageddon
15. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus
16. Sonic Adventure 2
17. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
18. Counter-Strike: GO
19. Joy Ride Turbo
20. Fruit Ninja Kinect
- I've stopped following DLC sales stats for now, until new ones arise, which should be next month with the Pinball FX 2 DLC.
- Castle of Illusion seems to have done okay. Keep in mind it's also available on PC and PlayStation Network. Shame Sega Studios Australia is now gone.
- New freemium titles Full House Pro and Ascend have started off quite well with a lot of users jumping on, whether that's turning into money is anyone's guess. Takes me several minutes to get into Ascend, personally.
- Foul Play doesn't seem to be doing well at all.
- While I couldn't follow Ninja Turtles, the week of stats show that it was still 4th after the whole month, meaning it's doing quite well for a game that reviewed so poorly.
- Additionally, Ducktales Remastered seemed to be doing okay as well, based on the week stats.
- 4 of the games I'm following at the moment are freemium based. That's pretty crazy. Also nobody's reviewing them, despite there seeming to be a lot of players checking it out.
- The Minecraft stats are given directly to be via Mojang (thanks Dan!) It's seemingly slowed down, but this doesn't include the retail game stats, which has sold a buttload.