Daniel Doan's Blog
Daniel is an interactive entertainment industry executive, social media marketing professional, author, software developer, and game designer who holds a BA in Psychology. With over 11 years of experience designing games, he has crafted interactive virtual worlds that have been inhabited by hundreds of thousands of players worldwide. As the Co-Founder of Black Shell Media, Daniel runs a publishing and marketing firm dedicated to helping independent video game developers reach massive audiences, publish financially successful titles, and turn game development into a sustainable career.
As a veteran in the games industry, Daniel has shipped over 1,100,000 copies of games on Steam, and has taken on key roles such as Development Lead, Design Lead, Publisher, and Producer in the development of many commercially successful interactive software products that have been enjoyed by legions of devoted fans including SanctuaryRPG, Overture, Dungeon Souls, and many more.
Also being a former semi-professional gamer in the upper echelon of competitive play in League of Legends (TSM & CLG), Starcraft 2 (NA Master), and MTG (1947 ELO), Daniel has amassed thousands of hours breaking down advanced mechanics and design theory on games within genres that he is most passionate about.
Video Game Industry
- Published over 67 titles on the Steam marketplace—shipped over 1,181,600 copies as of Q2 2016.
- Collaborated with game development and media giants including Markus "Notch" Persson & Jerome "JeromeASF" Aceti.
- Co-authored the prolific "Guide to Game Development Success" E-Book: http://www.blackshellmedia.com/ebook/
- Crafted hundreds of software applications in C++, C#, Java, and GML.
Social Media Marketing
- Grew social media audiences to over 370,000+ followers within 1 year.
- Executed over 450 marketing campaigns across social media platforms.
- Voracious consumer of direct response and social media marketing books.