Gamasutra: The Art & Business of Making Gamesspacer
View All     RSS
May 26, 2016
arrowPress Releases
May 26, 2016
PR Newswire
View All
View All     Submit Event

If you enjoy reading this site, you might also want to check out these UBM Tech sites:


E Zachary Knight's Blog


I am an indepedent game developer with Divine Knight Gaming, founder and chief editor of Oklahoma Game Development and a web developer. In my game development, I work with HaxeFlixel to create cross platform games for Linux, Mac, Windows and Web platforms. I am currently working on a series of action adventure games with the first being Shattered Star: Prelude. 

Follow me on Twitter @ezknight @dk_gaming @OKGameDevs @RustyOutlook


Member Blogs

Posted by E Zachary Knight on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 07:55:00 EDT in Business/Marketing
The Library of Congress released its latest round of exemptions to the DMCA's anti-circumvention clause. This process is completely pointless and ineffective.

Posted by E Zachary Knight on Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:30:00 EDT in Business/Marketing, Indie
Sleep and sanity? No need for that here. Check out our experience at Super! BitCon as we made a game while visitors got to play games

Posted by E Zachary Knight on Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:52:00 EST in Production, Indie
There are a LOT of tools available for game developers. This is the list of tools we use.

Posted by E Zachary Knight on Tue, 21 Oct 2014 02:00:00 EDT in
In which I publicly state my opposition to bullying and harassment in the games industry.

Posted by E Zachary Knight on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:41:00 EDT in Design, Console/PC, Indie
This is why these guys are my game dev heroes.

Posted by E Zachary Knight on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 02:35:00 EDT in Business/Marketing, Indie
Despite our bafflement, Let's Play videos are an extremely controversial issue. Here is our perspective.

E Zachary Knight's Comments

Comment In: [News - 04/29/2016 - 07:52]

I feel pretty privileged to ...

I feel pretty privileged to have supportive parents. My mom bought all our game systems, up until we could afford them ourselves. She even bought me my first game programming books. My mom would play games with us all the time and she still games to this day.

Comment In: [News - 04/13/2016 - 06:56]

I think this is a ...

I think this is a great experiment in game design. We have for years been making games in which players are forced to play a character with no say in the overall design of the character. This is a good step forward in character creation. I look forward to seeing ...

Comment In: [News - 04/12/2016 - 04:07]

Technically, he was worth 1.5billion. ...

Technically, he was worth 1.5billion. The Other billion was split between the other two founders.

Comment In: [News - 03/23/2016 - 05:07]

he was allegedly bound by ...

he was allegedly bound by his non-compete to offer Insight a 20 percent share of any game-related activities he engaged in for five years after leaving Trendy, with a right of first refusal on the other 80 percent of those activities. r n r nThat is one absolutely insane non-compete ...

Comment In: [News - 03/17/2016 - 03:18]

Yep. I feel much the ...

Yep. I feel much the same way: r n r n Copyrights In Games Means A Loss Of Culture For Gamers.php

Comment In: [News - 03/11/2016 - 01:46]

Christian, r n r nNot ...

Christian, r n r nNot a fan of the email idea, but perhaps an indicator on our comments part of our profile that shows if there are replies.