General Game Design
The Game Design Studio is the company of Pascal Luban, freelance game designer with 17+ years of experience, Lead Level designer on the multiplayer versions of both Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, design consultant for Activision, SCEE and Dice.
My broad experience with many clients on many types of mission allows me to offer seamless support to my clients: Game concept, design document, development follow-up, game tuning and playtest coaching.
My experience covers both console games but also Facebook and mobile applications.
The One Hope, a hack-and-slash game for the Nokia 60 platform I designed for Gmedia, received the Best In Gaming Award at the Digital Media Awards 2009 in Dublin, Ireland.
A few references:
- Cabela's Hunting Expeditions 2012 - Level design consultant
- Fighters Uncaged - Lead game designer on the first kinect combat game
- Treasure Madness – Design consultant on this successful Facebook game
- Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory: Lead Level Designer on the multiplayer versions
- UT3 Ageia PhysX Extrem mode – Game level designer of the CTF-tornado map
- Battlefield - Bad Company: Level design audit
- City Life DS: Adaptation of the concept to the DS platform
- The One Hope (hack-and-slash game for mobile platforms): Full game and level design
- Alone In The Dark - The New Nightmare: Game design.
|Willing to Travel?||Yes|
|Can Work Onsite?||Yes|
GAME DESIGN CONSULTING AND AUDITING
I provide assistance to developers or publishers looking for a professional assessment on an existing game or level design, whether it is on paper only or it is a playable version. My design assessments include benchmarking and practical recommendations for improvement.
Main references : SCEE, Activision, DICE, zSlide.
GAME CONCEPTS AND PITCHES
You need a pitch or a game concept document that matches industry standards and meet your editorial objectives? I can provide a ready-to-go document or work with our teams on the improvement of an existing one. I can either work from strictly defined constraints or develop a concept from scratch.
Main references : Konami, Anuman, Magic Pockets, AMA Publishing (a Ubisoft sister company).
FULL GAME AND LEVEL DESIGN
Given time, I can also develop full game and level design documents.
Main references : Ubisoft, Darkworks, AMA Studio, Gmedia, black Sheep, Kadank.
I have a very strong experience in playtest; I set up and managed the playtest structure at the Ubisoft studio in Annecy where the multiplayer versions of Splinter Cell – Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory were developped. I can assist your studio in setting up suchan internal playtest structure. Thar is an inexpensive and very effective way to improve the quality of your games. I can coach your playtest manager all the way from recruitment to playtest debriefing. That includes running myself one or two playtest sessions on-site in order to show how to do it right.
Main references : Ubisoft, 10Tacle, AMA Studio.
|Platform Experience:||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Cell Phone/WAP, Other|