GameFly Requests Again Topped By BioShock, 360
This week's top rental charts from U.S. game rental company GameFly, representing the most requested games for the week ending August 13, highlight both to-be-released and already released games in a unique demand-specific chart.
The three most requested titles this week mirrored last week's top games, with 2K Games' upcoming underwater action shooter BioShock again leading the pack, followed by SouthPeak's Xbox 360 RPG Two Worlds and EA's seminal professional football title Madden NFL 08. While each of these titles will be released this month for the Xbox 360, the week's fourth most requested title is the upcoming Wii exclusive Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
What follows is a break down of the top titles requested by GameFly subscribers across each of the major platforms:
1. BioShock (Take Two), 2. Two Worlds (South Peak), 3. Madden NFL 08 (EA), 4. Stranglehold (Midway), 5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (EA).
Take Two's BioShock again ranked as the top requested Xbox 360 title this week, building on the game's much anticipated August 21 release. Other notable entires this week are Midway's Stranglehold, which ranked as the fourth most requested Xbox 360 title this week, just ahead of EA's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08.
1. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo), 2. Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo), 3. Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave), 4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo), 5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (EA).
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, shipping later this month, ranked as the top requested Wii title this week, followed by the recently released Mario Strikers Charged. Like with the Xbox 360, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 rounded out the console's top five requests, while interestingly, EA's rhythm action game Boogie, just released last week, was nowhere to be found on the weekly chart.
1. Madden NFL 08 (EA), 2. Heavenly Sword (Sony), 3. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft), 4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Tecmo), 5. Lair (Sony).
Sony's Lair, the top requested PS3 title last week, dropped off significantly in subscriber interest this week, landing at fifth. EA's upcoming Madden release replaced the action game in the top spot, followed by Sony's own Heavenly Sword.
1. Madden NFL 08 (EA), 2. Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s (Activision), 3. Persona 3 (Atlus), 4. God of War II (Sony), 5. Transformers (Activision).
As with its next-gen cousin, EA's Madden NFL 08 also ranked as the top requested title for the PlayStation 2, followed by Activision's Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s and Atlus' niche RPG Persona 3. One again, Transformers continued to hold out as well, this week ranking as the fifth most requested PS2 title on the chart.
1. Madden NFL 08 (EA), 2. Halo 2 (Microsoft), 3. Knights of the Old Republic II (LucasArts), 4. Ninja Gaiden Black (Tecmo), 5. NCAA Football 08 (EA).
Madden's popularity extended to the original Xbox as well, with the latest game in the series taking top honors for the week ahead of longtime favorite Halo 2. LucasArts' Knights of the Old Republic II remained a top pick in third, with EA's NCAA Football 08 falling off slightly from last week into fifth.
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo), 2. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Nintendo), 3. Mario Party 7 (Nintendo), 4. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (Nintendo), 5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Nintendo).
While last week saw a surprising drop in requests for Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, this week saw the game again take up its rightful place on top of the GameCube chart ahead of last week's top request, Super Smash Bros. Melee. Mario Kart: Double Dash also fell off dramatically from last week to ninth among overall GameCube requests, while Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door took up in the chart's fifth position.
1. Brain Age 2 (Nintendo), 2. Heroes of Mana (Square Enix), 3. Picross DS (Nintendo), 4. Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (Natsume), 5. High School Musical: Makin' the Cut (Disney).
Nintendo's forthcoming Brain Age 2 trained its way to the top of the DS chart this week, knocking last week's top title, Square Enix's RTS Heroes of Mana, into second. Interestingly, Disney's High School Musical: Makin' the Cut, absent from last week's chart, managed to sing and dance its way onto the DS chart as the fifth most requested title for the handheld.
Game Boy Advance
1. Pokemon: Emerald (Nintendo), 2. Pokemon:Fire Red (Nintendo), 3. Pokemon: Sapphire (Nintendo), 4. Pokemon: Ruby (Nintendo), 5. Pokemon: Leaf Green (Nintendo).
The Game Boy Advance chart, still dominated by Pokemon titles, remained unchanged from last week, with Pokemon: Emerald still on top as the most requested title for the platform. However Nintendo's Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, ranking sixth this week on the chart, threatens to break up Pokemon's lock on the chart, possibly echoing building anticipation for The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS.
1. Dungeons & Dragons Tactics (Atari), 2. Jeanne D'Arc (Sony), 3. Brave Story: New Traveler (Xseed), 4. Madden NFL 08 (EA), 5. Dragoneer's Aria (Koei).
Atari's upcoming Dungeons & Dragons Tactics topped all other PSP requests for the portable, followed Sony's vaguely historical Jeanne D'Arc. Last week's top title, Brave Story, dropped off this week, ranking as the third most requested PSP title overall.