Activision and Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 topped UK sales charts for the sixth consecutive week and is the official Christmas No.1 in the territory, Chart-Track said Monday.
The week ended December 19 marked the sixth week in a row that the military shooter led UK charts. The FPS is Activision's biggest title for the year, grossing $550 million in its first week worldwide. Last month, Chart-Track said that the game sold 1.23 million units in the UK on the game's opening day.
EA Sports' FIFA 10 was also a strong performer during Christmas week, capturing the number two spot, up from number five a week prior thanks to a 24 percent week-on-week rise in unit sales.
The top 10 UK games remained the same from the prior week, aside from some shuffling, meaning that four of the top 10 titles were Nintendo first party games. Below are the top 10 games on Chart-Track's all-platforms list, which lumps together unit sales of all versions of a given title.
UK All-Platform Top 10
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
2. FIFA 10 (EA Sports)
3. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
5. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
6. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Sega)
7. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
8. Forza Motorsport 3(Microsoft)
9. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
10. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
As Modern Warfare 2 appears unshakable on the all-platforms list, Nintendo is the one topping the individual platforms list, which ranks games by sales of individual versions of a given title.
The Wii-exclusive games Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii shuffled among the top three slots relative to the previous week to lead the rankings once again.
Two other Wii games that made the list were Nintendo's Mario Kart Wii and the Sega-published Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Five of the top 10 games on the list are for Nintendo's console. Below are the top 10 rankings for individual platforms:
1. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
2. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
4. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Sega, Wii)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360)
6. Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
7. FIFA 2010 (EA, Xbox 360)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, PS3)
9. Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii)