Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction Debuts At Top In UK
With Splinter Cell Conviction topping the weekly charts, it marks the fifth time this year that Ubisoft has had a game at the top of the charts this year in the UK. The four other times came when the Wii-exclusive rhythm game Just Dance managed to top the charts multiple times this year.
Splinter Cell Conviction was able to command the leading spot on the all-platforms chart despite only being available on Xbox 360 at this point. A PC version is slated to release later this month.
Ubisoft's Just Dance dropped down one spot from the previous week, coming in at number two right behind Splinter Cell. Chart-Track said that this most recent week was the first time that Ubisoft held the first and second spots on the all-platforms chart, which lumps together sales of all versions of a given title.
Also notable are the sales of Grand Theft Auto Episodes: Liberty City, an add-on for 2008's GTA IV that saw release on PlayStation 3 and PC this week.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft)
2. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
3. GTA Episodes: Liberty City (Take-Two)
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
5. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
6. Just Cause 2 (Square Enix)
7. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
8. Pokemon SoulSilver (Nintendo)
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
10. FIFA 10 (EA)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
As both Ubisoft's Splinter Cell and Just Dance are both platform exclusives, they both naturally also took the top two spots on Chart-Track's individual platforms chart, which ranks games by unit sales of individual versions of a given title. Six of the games on the top 10 list were for Nintendo platforms.
1. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
3. GTA Episodes: Liberty City (Take-Two, PS3)
4. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
5. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
6. Pokemon SoulSilver (Nintendo, DS)
7. Pokemon HeartGold (Nintendo, DS)
8. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA, Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360)
10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)