Nintendo's Pokemon White and Pokemon Black saw the biggest UK launch yet for the series across a single weekend, with their combined sales marking the games as Nintendo's third biggest launch in the region, reports tracking firm Chart-Track.
For the week ended March 5, Pokemon White Version led the software sales charts, and sold 13,000 more units than its counterpart, becoming the second-fastest selling DS title ever, behind Level 5's Professor Layton and Pandora's Box.
Electronic Arts' Fight Night Champion landed below the latest Pokemon titles and debuted at number three, as last week's chart leaders, Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm, fell to numbers five and four, respectively.
Other new releases this week include Relic's standalone expansion title Dawn of War II: Retribution and Trion Worlds' MMORPG Rift, though neither title made it into the top 10.
Titles falling from the top 10 this week include EA's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Capcom's Marvel vs. Capcom: Fate of Two Worlds.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
2. Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)
3. Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
4. Bulletstorm (Electronic Arts)
5. Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
7. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
8. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts)
9. Dead Space 2 (Electronic Arts)
10. Wii Party (Nintendo)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
As Nintendo DS exclusives, Pokemon White and Pokemon Black also topped the individual platforms chart, while the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Fight Night Champion landed at numbers three and five, respectively.
1. Pokemon White Version (Nintendo, DS)
2. Pokemon Black Version(Nintendo, DS)
3. Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
4. Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment, PS3)
5. Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts, PS3)
6. Bulletstorm (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
7. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision, Xbox 360)
9. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision, PS3)