[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Graveyard Snuggle, and Cannon Cat.]
- Capcom Launches iOS Port of Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Capcom's tag-team 2D fighter hits iOS platforms with its full 56-character roster, a Bluetooth multiplayer mode, and a touch screen-optimized control scheme."
- Halfbrick Updates Jetpack Joyride with New Gadgets
players now have access to 15 new gameplay-altering gadgets, which are available for purchase with in-game currency.
- Graveyard Snuggle: "Twister Meets Hot Potato, But With More Touching"
"In Graveyard Snuggle
, two or more players sit in a circle, and a skeleton character barks out limb-tangling commands that every participant must obey. If a player jolts the device too severely during his or her turn, the game ends."
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition Update Adds Crafting Component
Mojang's latest Minecraft: Pocket Edition
update introduces damageable items, farm animals, and an oft-requested crafting UI.
- Loqheart Releases Debut App Store Title Cannon Cat
Loqheart's first App Store release is Cannon Cat
, a free-to-play action title with mechanics inspired by the mid-air barrel travel sequences from Rare's Donkey Kong Country
- Linux Tycoon Coming Soon To Android and iOS
"Following up on a recent update adding an online multiplayer mode, Bryan Lunduke revealed that his Linux distro sim Linux Tycoon
is in the works for iOS and Android platforms."