Top iPhone game apps:
Pandemic 2.5 takes on Angry Birds Space
[In this weekly feature, Gamasutra rounds up the week's most popular paid and free iPhone and iPod Touch games, as current on the iTunes App Store.]
This week's top paid iPhone game titles on the App Store, as captured on May 7th 2012, are as follows:
1. Angry Birds Space (Rovio, $0.99)
2. Pandemic 2.5 (Dark Realm Studios, $0.99)
3. Flick Home Run (Infinity Pocket, $0.99)
4. Draw Something (OMGPOP, $0.99)
5. Ski Safari (Defiant Development, $0.99)
6. Cut the Rope (ZeptoLab, $0.99)
7. Fruit Ninja (Halfbrick, $0.99)
8. Infinity Blade (Chair, $0.99)
9. Bejeweled (PopCap, $0.99)
10. Angry Birds (Rovio, $0.99)
Dark Realm Studios' viral outbreak sim Pandemic 2.5 earns second place in the App Store sales charts in its launch week, overtaking Infinity Pocket's Flick Home Run and challenging reigning sales leader Angry Birds Space for the top chart spot.
Draw Something and Ski Safari remain big sellers at fourth and fifth place, while ZeptoLab's Cut the Rope returns to the top ten at sixth following a recent content update.
Here are this week's top free iPhone games:
1. 100 Floors (Tobi Apps)
2. Logos Quiz Game (AticoD)
3. Shopping Cart Hero 3 (MonkeyWantBanana)
4. Race or Die 2 (Addmired)
5. Rope'n'Fly 3 (Robert Szeleney)
6. Gravity Maze (Geemzo)
7. Jailbreaker (Triniti)
8. Draw Something Free (OMGPOP)
9. Lane Splitter (Fractiv)
10. SpongeBob Diner Dash (Nickelodeon)
Tobi Apps' recently released logic puzzler 100 Floors earns top honors in the iPhone's free app rankings, pushing last week's chart winner Logos Quiz Game to second place.
MonkeyWantBanana's stunt sim Shopping Cart Hero 3 follows close behind at third place, meanwhile, as a popular recent update puts Nickelodeon's SpongeBob Diner Dash at tenth.