Top iPhone game apps:
Fieldrunners 2 reports strong sales in debut week
[In this weekly feature, Gamasutra rounds up the week's most popular paid and free iPhone and iPod Touch games, as current on the iTunes App Store.]
This week's top paid iPhone game titles on the App Store, as captured on July 23rd 2012, are as follows:
1. Where's My Perry? (Disney, $0.99)
2. Fieldrunners 2 (Subatomic Studios, $2.99)
3. Where's My Water? (Disney, $0.99)
4. Temple Run: Brave (Disney, $0.99)
5. Amazing Alex (Rovio, $0.99)
6. Angry Birds Space (Rovio, $0.99)
7. Minecraft: Pocket Edition (Mojang, $6.99)
8. The Dark Knight Rises (Gameloft, $6.99)
9. Fruit Ninja (Halfbrick, $0.99)
10. Bejeweled (PopCap, $0.99)
Subatomic Studios' tower defense sequel Fieldrunners 2 captures second place in the iPhone sales rankings in its debut week, challenging Where's My Perry? for the top chart spot.
Rovio's Amazing Alex falls to fifth place after claiming top honors in last week's charts, as Gameloft's superhero film-based The Dark Knight Rises takes on Minecraft: Pocket Edition at eighth place.
Here are this week's top free iPhone games:
1. Pyramid Run (MagicBone)
2. Flick Kick Football (PikPok)
3. Matching With Friends Free (Zynga)
4. Office Jerk Summer Games Edition (Fluik)
5. Flow Free (Big Duck Games)
6. SongPop Free (FreshPlanet)
7. Mutant Roadkill (Glu)
8. Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D (Digital Chocolate)
9. Tap Tap Revenge Tour (Tapulous)
10. iSniper 3D (Triniti)
PikPok's Flick Kick Football rises to second place in the iPhone's free charts after being named as Apple's App of the Week, while MagicBone's Temple Run clone Pyramid Run remains the platform's top free download for the second consecutive week.
Newcomer Office Jerk Summer Games Edition ranks in at fourth place in its premiere week, while Tapulous' Tap Tap Revenge Tour drops to ninth after debuting at second place last week.