GAME JOBS
Latest Blogs
spacer View All     Post     RSS spacer
 
June 7, 2013
 
Postmortem: Game Oven's Bam fu [1]
 
Tenets of Videodreams, Part 3: Musicality
 
Post Mortem: Minecraft Oakland
 
Free to Play: A Call for Games Lacking Challenge [3]
 
Cracking the Touchscreen Code [4]
spacer
Latest Jobs
spacer View All     Post a Job     RSS spacer
 
June 7, 2013
 
LeapFrog
Game Designer
 
YAGER Development
Senior Game Systems Designer (f/m)
 
RealTime Immersive, Inc.
Animation Software Engineer
 
Havok
Havok- 3D Software Engineers (Relocate to Europe)
 
Treyarch / Activision
Senior Environment Artist
 
Social Point
Senior Game Developer
spacer
Latest Press Releases
spacer View All     RSS spacer
 
June 7, 2013
 
Bootcamp
 
Indie Royale Presents The
Arclight Bundle
 
A space hero among us
 
Make Family History! 7
Grand Steps: What
Ancients...
 
Who is Harkyn?
spacer
About
spacer Editor-In-Chief:
Kris Graft
Blog Director:
Christian Nutt
Senior Contributing Editor:
Brandon Sheffield
News Editors:
Mike Rose, Kris Ligman
Editors-At-Large:
Leigh Alexander, Chris Morris
Advertising:
Jennifer Sulik
Recruitment:
Gina Gross
Education:
Gillian Crowley
 
Contact Gamasutra
 
Report a Problem
 
Submit News
 
Comment Guidelines
 
Blogging Guidelines
Sponsor

 
The  Code Hero  Kickstarter dev has run out of money
The Code Hero Kickstarter dev has run out of money
 

December 14, 2012   |   By Mike Rose

Comments 5 comments

More: Console/PC, Business/Marketing





Newsbrief: The developer behind the Code Hero Kickstarter has admitted that he's already spent all of the pledged money, although he has assured backers that the software will still see a release.

Alex Peake was forced to issue an apology yesterday, as he had failed to update backers on how the project was going. He said that development was continuing on Code Hero, and that the second alpha release will release soon.

However, he later told Kotaku, "we are out of funds because we've paid a full time dev team for the last year to work on it." He reiterated that the project is continuing on a voluntary basis.

The news echoes the Kickstarter for Haunts: The Manse Macabre earlier this year, which was forced to take on volunteers after it ran out of money early.
 
 
Top Stories

image
How Kinect's brute force strategy could make Xbox One a success
image
Microsoft's official stance on used games for Xbox One
image
Gearbox's Randy Pitchford on games and gun violence
image
Why you can't trade items in MMOs anymore


   
 
Comments

Luis Blondet
profile image
This was already covered yesterday.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/LuisBlondet/20121213/183529/Code_Hero_Kickstarter_bac
kers_considering_class_action_lawsuit.php

Mike Rose
profile image
Hey Luis,

actually, what you've written there is inaccurate. If you check the comments of the Kickstarter page you have linked in your piece, you'll see Alex Peake has talked to Dustin Deckard via email, and that Deckard is not planning to sue Peake. The comment from Peake that he has run out of money is indeed new information, hence why we've posted about it today.

Cheers
Mike

Ron Dippold
profile image
So far my backing detector radar is working pretty well. Passed on this one since it looked way too ambitious for the schedule. Even by Kickstarter standards.

Lex Luthor
profile image
My exact same thoughts.

Eric Preisz
profile image
Unfortunately, making an simple intuitive tool for neophytes is much more challenging and expensive than making a complex tool for experts.


none
 
Comment:
 




 
UBM Tech