Get a job: 2K Marin seeks network programmer for unannounced title
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Bellevue, WA
2K Marin, best known for developing the critically acclaimed BioShock 2
and currently working on the upcoming The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
, is currently seeking a Lead Network Programmer for an unannounced project.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment, and is looking to work directly with content creators and various development groups to give them the power to create amazing experiences.
2K Marin offers a wide variety of competitive Benefits and Perks, which you can find on the 2K Games Career Site
SUMMARY: Design, implement, and debug networking features for an unannounced multiplatform game.
- Write code that fulfills the functional networking requirements of the project, including support for matchmaking, downloadable content, lobbies, server side persistence, etc.
- Provide feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
- Develop and maintain multiplayer systems from design to implementation.
- Program tools and utilities to support work on projects.
- Work with existing unreal 3 software technology and build new technology to fulfill project technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Participate in the design of products and perform testing activities.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here