GDC Next's Expo Floor - 'handheld history', exhibitor details revealed
Game Developers Conference Next
is just a few weeks away from happening in Los Angeles (November 5th-7th), kicking off the inaugural 'future of games' event.
And while you're putting together your session schedule in the Schedule Builder
, don't forget to set some time aside to stop by the Expo Floor
. Highlights include:
- The exhibitors: Google, Sony, Microsoft, Samsung, Intel, Qualcomm, Pandora, Technical Illusions, and other major game and app industry players will be there, showing what's next for developers.
- Vendor talks: GREE, Tencent, Intel, Google, and many others will be offering sponsored sessions at the GDC Next and ADC Expo Floor theater, all accessible to anyone with any GDC Next, ADC, or Expo Pass.
- ADC Best in Apps: AppCircus and ADC have partnered to put on the Best in Apps contest, and a hand-selected group of finalists will be presenting their work on the Expo Floor.
- Retro portable gadgets: Remember the Apple Newton? The Videogame History Museum will be presenting a special exhibit called the Museum of Portable Devices, showing the Newton, early Palm products, as well as presenting arcade machines and its classic '80s 'living room' setup
- Get a job: Several major industry companies, including Sony, Insomniac, GREE, and Nexon, will be networking and recruiting for open positions.
- Grab a snack: Recharge your body's batteries with a free smoothie from 10-11am and 2-3pm, afternoon coffee from 3:30-4:15pm, and Happy Hour from 5-6pm.
For more information on the GDC Next and ADC Expo Floor, including Intel's presentations, free OUYA giveaways, and more, check out the GDC Next Expo Floor page
is the spiritual successor to GDC Online, and will take place alongside the App Developers Conference
on November 5th-7th, 2013 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
This new event aims to highlight the future of video game development, with session tracks organized around 'Next Generation Game Platforms', 'Free To Play & New Business Models', and 'Smartphone & Tablet Games', as well as cloud and indie game tracks.
Online registration is in full swing for GDC Next and the co-located ADC; register now and save up to $200 on ADC, GDC Next, or a combined VIP All Access Pass. For all the latest news on GDC Next, subscribe for updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS. Also, check out ADC's recently announced design talks: Intel on building scalable and secure APIs for enterprise apps, and ChaiONE on pairing the latest wearable technology with smartphones.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Tech.