Get a job: Irrational is looking for technical artists
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Quincy, MA
Award-winning studio Irrational Games, best known for its BioShock
franchise, is seeking an experienced Technical Artist. As a Technical Artist, you will serve as the bridge between Art and Engineering to ensure that the art pipeline meets the needs of both parties. You must have a strong understanding of and experience with modern AAA game-development pipelines. You will be responsible for working with the team to improve the art pipeline, from initial asset creation to final polish and optimization for consoles.
- Support the Art team in managing and improving their processes by: identifying and eliminating pipeline bottlenecks, diagnosing software problems (both internal and external), researching new technologies/workflows, and advocating for team education/personal development.
- Improve complex cross-departmental communication and work flow. Work with department leads to plan, test, and implement solutions. Roll out solutions to the team, with clear documentation and continued support.
- Serve as a bridge between the Art and Engineering departments. Be self-driven in communicating between departments. Ensure that Art and Engineering have a good understanding of each otherís objectives and concerns. You will often need to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people, and vice versa.
- Collaborate with a team of Technical Artists in the creation and maintenance of art tools, using multiple scripting languages. Build production-ready tools from scratch, including UI and documentation. Continuously improve existing tools based on production needs and artist feedback.
- Know what healthy and optimized content looks like. Develop content budgets based on specific technical limitations. Come up with best practices to stay within these budgets and teach these to the team. Work with leads to enforce and revise budgets as needed.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here