Get a job: Activision is looking for a global media director
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Director of Global Media will work with the Consumer Marketing & Product Management teams to lead the development of a strategic approach for the award-winning Call of Duty
franchise, which is one of the world's largest entertainment titles. The position reports directly into the VP of Global Media and their role is to define the most strategic, effective, efficient and innovative media channels to reach the elusive male target. This position will work closely with our European, Latin American, Canadian and Australian teams to innovate and execute on strategy globally. Additionally, this position will work closely with our media and creative agency teams to guide the campaign and go-to-market plans to success.
Principal Working Relationships:
Reports directly to the VP of Global Media and will work closely with the Consumer Marketing leads on the COD franchise as well as the Sr. Director of Digital marketing. Works closely with 1-2 other Media Directors within the organization as needed. Additionally, will foster solid working relationships and will collaborate with Product Marketing Directors and Consumer Insights Directors to ensure the application of business and research data are included in media thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a strategy to support the core COD Franchises and promote growth with new studio developments.
- Functional oversight of the total media budget to include TV, Print, Radio, Online, OOH, SEM, Sponsorships, etc.
- Work in partnership with Business Unit Marketing Heads to ensure BU functional oversight of the Company's paid media buys.
- Heavily influence the media targeting strategy (in partnership with Consumer Insights) and media budgeting process (in partnership with the Business Unit Marketing Heads, Marketing Finance and ROI).
- Responsible for setting and driving compliance to global media efficiency and effectiveness metrics.
- Responsible for working with BU Marketing Heads to define title-level and campaign-level SEM strategies which leverage Search as a strategic tool.
- In partnership with the BU Marketing Heads, lead the development of full year media plans by Business Unit and ensure that these plans work together as a company-wide roll-up (launching timings, seasonality etc).
- Act as the key partner to the Media Agencies in defining corporate and title-level media strategies and practices.
- Supervise the global media buying process on behalf of Activision and strategically manage the company's owned up-front inventory (in the US)
- Develop and grow direct relationships with key media vendors to continue to leverage the Company's unique and compelling content as a way to source media properties, product integrations and branded entertainment opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will have previous gaming or entertainment experience and a true understanding of marketing content rather than products.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here