Get a job: The Odd Gentlemen are hiring a game designer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Odd Gentlemen are looking for a designer with the ability to lead a PC/console team as we grow and expand. The designerís responsibilities include:
- Excels at taking a high-level concept, fleshing it out, and implementing well thought-out designs.
- Contribute to the formation of new ideas and new IP.
- A master level designer who can iterate on designs quickly.
- Able to organize and balance game mechanics in fun and interesting ways.
- Work with the engineers to script levels and gameplay, using a variety of scripting languages.
- Define specific rules and needs so Engineers can develop simple tools for implementation.
- Communicate directly with the team and producer to make sure designs are being brought to life as imagined.
- Willing to go into the trenches to make the best possible game. This may mean: scripting cameras, working on environmental effects, UI design, or helping to get art into the game.
Credentials and Experience
- 3 - 4 years of related experience.
- Shipped at least 2 titles and worked in a lead position from start to finish on at least one title on console or pc.
- A bachelorís or masterís degree in a related field is a plus.
- A passion for innovative games and non-linear story telling
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Excel at leading a small team
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Experience with Unreal is desired.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (LUA, Kismet, C#).
- Adheres to product and deliverable due dates to keep game progressing at scheduled pace.
- Maintain a highly visible workflow so design does not happen in a vacuum.
- Able to handle content pipeline.
- Will ensure quality & consistency across the gameís design, within The Odd Gentlemenís brand.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, and Flash are not required, but a plus.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here