Get a job: Telltale Games is hiring a senior graphics engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: San Rafael, California
Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content for Xbox, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac and Android. The Core Engineering group creates true “author once, run anywhere” technology.
• Create robust long lived, content agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross platform feature fidelity.
• Improve, debug, and extend existing graphics technologies while also building new technology in order to meet the needs of consoles, desktops, and high end mobile devices.
• Create clean API’s for internal graphics tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in lighting, shadows, and post effects.
• Utilize numerous development environments and SDK’s such as Developer Studio, XCode, Code Warrior and SN Systems.
• Design, implement, measure, and analyze algorithms for animation, rendering, and visual effects.
• Execute in a fast paced rolling development environment maintaining platform fidelity and stability for the “Tool”.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, publications, etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong fluency in C++/STL and 5+ professional C++ experience is required
• 3+ years of profession game development experience focused on graphics including at least some development experience with current gen hardware (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
• Deep understanding of current graphics hardware and tools, with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve rendering performance
• Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals.
• Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure.
• Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over several of years.
• Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is ADA compiant and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here