The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, CA
Obsidian Entertainment is currently looking for a Level Designer to join us in creating content for a highly stylized MMORPG. This designer will work closely with artists and other developers to produce interesting levels with exciting and engaging gameplay. Responsibilities will include planning and populating missions/quests, scripted sequences, encounters, challenges and rewards. The ideal candidate for this position needs to have an established track record designing fun and exciting instanced content in an MMO.
• Level/Area design experience on at least one shipped AAA title.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• The ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts that complement and enhance the experience.
• Proficiency with a modern game editor such as Unreal 3, CryEngine3, Source or equivalent.
• Love of computer and console role-playing/action games and MMOs.
• Able to adhere to tight schedules and possess the ability to assist others in meeting deadlines.
• Skilled with Microsoft Office, level layout programs (SketchUp, Visio, etc.), bug tracking software, and source control software.
• Experience working closely/hands-on with other developers in a collaborative environment.
• Exceptional creativity.
• Excellent communication skills including communicating and receiving feedback from others.
• Previous experience as a content designer on an MMO or RPG.
• Collaborate with internal and external development resources to design, implement and iterate instanced group and solo content in an MMO.
• Work with an existing suite of development tools and game assets to create exciting and engaging levels and gameplay.
• Design game content – level layout, NPC placement, itemization, puzzles, scripts, et al.
• Contribute to all aspects of game design.
All resumes must be accompanied with website portfolio or samples of work.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here