Get a job: Firaxis Games is hiring a Graphics Programmer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Baltimore, MD
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired graphics programmer to join its team.
• Contribute to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title.
• Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game.
• Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
• Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
• Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
• Strong C++ programming and debugging experience.
• Good 3D math skills.
• Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics.
• Thorough understanding of basic graphics techniques such as lighting, shadow mapping, light mapping, anti-aliasing, skinning, etc.
• Knowledge of industry standard shading languages such as HLSL and Cg.
• Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
• Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 3.
• Ability to optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform.
• In-depth knowledge of, and ability to improve upon, modern rendering techniques.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here