One thing Gamasutra's readers like is practical information. One of the most useful categories of information for game developers is programming techniques.
We're looking for you to share your most useful techniques in Gamastura's blogs section.
In-depth or quick hit; triple-A, mobile, or indie; all techniques are valuable. All are welcome to share the tricks they've figured out to improve workflow, create fantastic effects, or make games feel
The best submissions will be featured on Gamasutra's front page and in its social media feeds, including our official Twitter feed
-- which has over 120,000 followers.
Some great examples of Gamasutra programming blogs that fit the bill:
- Long build times? You're doing it wrong
- Importing Textures Into Unity
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime: Pausing Without Pausing
- Recreating Unity Pro Features in Unity Free
- Platformer controls: how to avoid limpness and rigidity
- Cracking destruction in Smash Hit
Interested? Check out our blogging guidelines
and then get started. You can submit your posts directly to Gamasutra's blog section.
Not sure what to write? Need to brainstorm? Just email blog director Christian Nutt
and he'll help you with any questions.