Get a job: Firaxis Games is hiring a Lead Audio Designer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Baltimore, MA
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead Audio Designer. In this role, you will be working closely with the Producers, Game Designers, and Artists to help design and build high quality audio that matches the look, feel, and style of gameplay. The ideal candidate has a combination of solid aesthetic sense and technical attention to detail. Day-to-day duties will be primarily centered on audio design and sound effects work but there are opportunities for music composition and these skills would be considered a plus.
• Work with the above mentioned teams to design and build game audio that supports gameplay and the aesthetic sense.
• Work with animators to support cut scenes and other cinematics.
• Assist with voice recording sessions and further editing and integration of those files.
• Work in WWise and Unreal Editor to integrate audio.
• Manage and lead a group of junior audio designers when necessary
• When needed, compose music that fits the style of the game and propels the vision forward.
• Ability to work with Pro Tools and other DAW/audio editing suites.
• Prior WWise and Unreal Editor experience
• Strong sense of audio design for sound effects, Foley, and ambience.
• Proven compositional ability in both traditional orchestral settings as well as more modern popular styles a plus.
• Three years of game industry experience in a lead audio designer capacity.
• Shipped at least one AAA title as a lead audio designer (multiplatform a plus).
• Solid organizational, managerial, leadership, and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• A passion for making games.
• A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here