Get a job: Nexon America seeks a Localization Producer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: El Segundo, CA
The Localization Producer leads and manages the localization of Nexon America’s western game titles, usually from English to French, Italian, German, and Spanish. This position is responsible for creating effective workflow processes between internal stakeholders, external developers, and localization vendors to ensure consistent, high-quality localization.
This position is in charge of producing a title in multiple languages on time and on budget through successful project management. Primary responsibilities include fostering communication between all internal stakeholders to keep them aligned, providing direction and key information to external partners, and overseeing the localization of all in-game and out-of-game content. He/she also reviews localized assets to ensure that they meet our standards and communicates linguistic feedback and bug reports to external vendors. This position also works with the Community team to gather information from the forums and with vendors to fix localization bugs.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum five years of game localization experience preferably from English to French, Italian, German, and Spanish. Localization experience with at least one AAA title is a must. Experience with CAT tools such as SDL Trados and audio production is a must. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and possess a willingness to help out wherever needed.
- Interact with customers; lead internal and external meetings and conference calls.
- Implement process improves, best practices, and formal documentation.
- Oversee voice-over and localization efforts on large, complex projects.
- Advocate for the team by building and maintaining effective working relationships and communication channels with internal project stakeholders and external vendors.
- Communicate localization statuses to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Identify issues, at-risk tasks, and milestones to management and recommend risk-mitigation solutions.
- Establish and improve processes and standards that ensure the efficiency of voice-over and localization workflows.
- Oversee development of the fiscal year budget, using historical data to provide the Localization Manager with accurate estimates for external audio, voice-over, and localization work.
- Research assets, create POs, and execute work orders as needed to support team objectives.
- Ensure that external partners meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information.
- Review the quality and suitability of incoming voice and sound assets; provide feedback to internal and external developers as required.
- Be able to minimally travel domestically and internationally.
- Minimum of five years of game localization project managing, with a demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to successful completion.
- Previous experience as a Localization Producer is required.
- Solid knowledge of the current state of the online game industry preferred
- Experience working with legal and licensing teams in the creation of contracts for external vendors a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working with external vendors and talent in the recording and creation of voice-over required.
- Must be able to prioritize the team’s work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to find solutions and provide recommendations to all levels of management.
- Must have the ability to act proactively to solve problems, utilizing excellent time management and organization skills.
- Fluent in European German, French, or Italian is a must.
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends.
- Must have a thorough understanding of quality management and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong analytical, oral, written communication skills required.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here