The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Baltimore, MD
Firaxis Games is seeking an experienced software engineer with a strong background in systems to serve as a senior individual contributor responsible for designing, developing, writing and debugging code for assigned PC & console projects. Serves as a mentor to junior members of the staff.
• Design, develop, write, document and implement next generation systems code for PC, and consoles.
• Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
• Writes documentation for other programmers use.
• Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions.
• Accurately schedule and track development efforts for systems related tasks across the team.
• Has a clear vision of how products should function and the ability to lead peers to share this vision.
• C, C++ and Visual Studio.
• Education: 4-year degree in computer science or equivalent.
• State-of-the-art, effective and efficient interactive entertainment/computer game development (PC and Console) industry practices.
• Experience in analyzing and optimizing large code bases.
• Multithreaded programming.
• UE3 Experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication.
• Excellent writing.
• Successful problem-solving.
• State-of-the-art, effective and efficient software architecting.
• Leadership, including delegating and oversight.
• Project management.
• To function well as a member of a team.
• To function well independently.
• To stay focused on the "big picture" and suggest strategic approaches both creatively and technically.
• To push the software engineering quality bar, both creatively and technically.
• To convey software engineering concepts in understandable terms to both management and team members.
• To working cooperatively interdepartmentally.
• To accurately estimate task assignments and communicate progress to team members and leaders.
• To take ownership of assigned tasks.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here