The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Redwood City, CA
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent worldwide to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 20+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studio’s 1000+ years of combined game industry experience has established us as one of the best studios in the world today. Come and make us even better!
Join now to be a Producer on the latest in our award winning, AAA Tomb Raider
franchise being built in our Redwood City studio, just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this fulltime position include competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, including a free 50,000’ foot athletic club, a campus by the Bay, and discounts on all of Square-Enix’s games and goodies.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized Producer with demonstrable project management experience to take on a major production role in building our next AAA franchise. We are looking for an individual with outstanding communication skills and a proven track record in Development and Production.
A successful Producer will work in support of the Executive Producer to coordinate, track, and guide activities of other Producers, Associate Producers and a full development staff to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment a must; previous experience building and maintaining schedules is essential. This position is equivalent to experience in the high Mid, low Senior level, with 5+ years of internal game development experience, working on multi-million dollar, highly rated AAA projects (entry-level candidates or candidates with exclusively Publisher side experience will not qualify for this position).
- Work with Executive Producer, Senior Producers and discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete projects.
- Use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality.
- Oversee, coordinate, track and manage the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time.
- Assist Producers in solving higher level complex project management issues.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
- Provide motivation, direction, and improve best practices.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions in product development where needed.
- Coordinate with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, first party console resources, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively as a mediator between all development disciplines, as well as with upper management.
- Demonstrated ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision, while also leading by example.
- Proven experience managing schedules and requirements to implement desired features.
- Proactive in finding new ways to problem solve and work with resolutions.
- Unrelenting self-motivation, positive attitude, and initiative.
- Proven conflict management and evaluation, mitigation and risk resolution.
- Deep knowledge about the game development process and industry trends at large.
- Experience shipping two or more major console titles as a Senior and/or leadership level Producer or Producer.
- 5 – 7 years of game development experience in an internal development Production role
- Development discipline specific history (art, engineering, design, QA).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as Hansoft and Perforce.
- A demonstrated understanding of various Production methodologies is required.
- Experience managing external resources, remote contractors, and vendors.
- Will consider candidates with previous experience as internal Development Directors or Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here