The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for intelligent and highly motivated testers to test our games, and support applications. Ideal candidates must have strong technical skills, troubleshooting ability, communications skills, and a solid understanding of quality assurance.
- Identify and execute testing for complex and interconnected functionality.
- Submit professionally written feedback on the balance and design of Blizzard titles.
- Build appropriate checklists for different test cases using team appropriate tools.
- Contribute to and execute on test plans that encompass all data and systems of a feature.
- Auditing of existing tools and scripts to maintain and improve testing processes.
- Effectively drive and facilitate group tasks and promote a team environment.
- Assist leadership with testing estimates for features based on their scope and complexity.
- Top-tier Blizzard gaming experience in either WoW
Raiding / PvP, StarCraft 2
, Heroes of the Storm
or a minimum of 1 year of software testing experience.
- Exceptional communications skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Available and willing to work long hours, including weekends.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Absolute passion for Blizzard Entertainment video games.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering discipline, or comparable industry experience.
- Knowledge of C++ / C# / Java / Scripting.
- Knowledge of web applications and browsers.
- Automation experience.
- Top tier gaming experience with Action RPGs, Collectible / Trading Card Games, MMORPGs, MOBAs, or RTS genres.
- ISTQB Certification.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (make sure to mention language proficiencies, if any).
- Game Analysis.
The game analysis should demonstrate your understanding of the gameplay mechanics and relationships to the design and implementation of the game. The game analysis should be on either a computer game or console game. This game analysis should not be on a game made by Blizzard Entertainment. Please limit your game analysis to no longer than 5 pages (the average length of an analysis is approximately 3 pages).
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here