Get a job: BattleCry seeks a Senior Environment Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Austin, TX
BattleCry Studios, located in Austin, TX, brings together a group of seasoned developers with one goal: to create fun, AAA online global experiences for the connected world.
Weíre looking for thinkers, driven by creativity and self-discipline, to successfully launch games. We never want to tell you what to do. We trust our team to go with their instincts because that will foster the very best ideas for our games and the players.
BattleCry Studios is searching for a a talented Senior Environment Artist to help create high quality environment art for our newly announced game, Battlecry
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist to maintain artistic style and quality in the environments (including asset creation, lighting, level build out, and skybox/env globals).
- Create efficient in-game models, UVís and textures.
- Maintain a balance of art quality versus performance in the game engine.
- Collaborate closely with level designers to uphold gameplay as well as aesthetics.
- Previous environment art production in a full-cycle games development studio.
- Experience in game engine environment setup (lighting, time of day, fog/skyboxes, palette control, and post process effects).
- Understanding of modularity and environment systems used in fast, iterative, and efficient production.
- Strong skills in industry standard tools such as 3ds max, Photoshop, Zbrush, and various support programs.
- Understanding of modern materials and shaders.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to identify and resolve issues, and understanding of technical dependencies.
- Strong foundation in traditional arts.
- Understanding of art pipelines, workflows, environment scale, form, and composition.
- Must demonstrate a high amount of attention to artistic and technical detail.
- Must work well in a creative, collaborative environment and have a passion for gaming
- 5+ years experience in the game industry and multiple shipped titles.
- Previous AAA game development experience.
- Strong previous work relationship between environment and level design.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here