The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, CA
As an Art Director at Double Helix, you will own the artistic presentation of a complete game project. From the fundamentals of color, shape, composition and silhouette, to implementations of breathtaking worlds, sleek UI, indelible characters and spectacular effects, you will lead and mentor a fantastic team of artists across all disciplines.
- Work with design and technology teams to develop exciting game concepts that will delight our gamer customers and set the pace within Amazon.
- Develop compelling art concepts and other materials to inspire the development team.
- Work closely with our technology teams to drive breakthrough rendering features and powerful production tools.
- Set the quality bar for your team; demonstrate and mentor to the highest artistic standards.
- Prize unique visual design and stylish presentation as well as classic styles and references...innovate with art.
- Lead the cultural conversation for games at Amazon.
- Art-centric, but loves everything that contributes to a game’s experience.
- Exceptional communication skills and strong collaborative spirit.
- Understands how games come together as a cohesive product.
- Conversant with technology, tools, and technical systems which contribute to modern visual presentation.
- Has shipped at least two games on PC, console or mobile platforms.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an art leadership role.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a digital artist in the game industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field.
- Tireless advocate for art and artists, but…
- Works effectively across all game disciplines.
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and art techniques.
- Competent in multiple standard art asset creation packages.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here