Get a job: Retro Studios is hiring an AI Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Austin, Texas
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements code.
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Writes documentation for other programmersí use.
- Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions.
Summary of Requirements
- Prior experience working on AI and/or game-play systems for video games preferred.
- 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of 3D techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software.
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies.
- Professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#.
- Strong math and physics skills required.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with rapidly changing requirement, with a focus on quality is a must.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans...valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here