The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Technical Animator to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen
The Technical Animator will be responsible for the design and correct technical implementation of character and vehicle animations. They should be able to solve any technological issues related to art/animation production. In close cooperation with the Design, Concept, and Art team they will work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools to assist and expedite in asset and animation creation.
- Create and implement in-game animations as an integral part of the asset delivery pipelines.
- Works with Concept, Design, and Art team to collaboratively bring characters and vehicles to life.
- Develop technical animation pipelines and tools to deliver cutting edge animations.
- Creates automated animation setups and rigs.
- Mentor junior/intermediate staff by giving constructive and creative feedback and support.
- Add dynamic elements and visual effects to static assets in a meticulous manner, in many formats.
- Create intricate but conceptually sound animations that level up the player experience.
- Define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage to final implementation.
- Creatively and proactively solve resource-restricted tech challenges while working on the art assets that make it in game.
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop.
- Experience in creating art assets for PC games using 3DS Max/Maya.
- Experience using Motion Builder.
- Proficiency in MaxScript/MEL.
- At least three years of relevant experience in the game development industry.
- Strong understanding of character and vehicle animation pipelines.
- Self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person.
- Passion for computer games.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Strong passion for making the best damn space sim ever.
- Team player.
- Experience using CryEngine.
- Knowledge of Perforce.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (XML, Lua.)
- Knowledge of complex rigging.
- Experience working with state machines.
- Familiarity in working with assets that use Physically Based Shading techniques.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here