Get a job: Be an Audio Software Engineer for Crystal Dynamics
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today. 20+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studio’s 1000+ years of combined game industry experience provides a rich tapestry of tested and new ideas to draw from as have established us as one of the best studios in the world to work for.
Join now to be part of engineering a sophisticated Audio experience for multiple projects being created out of our Redwood City studio, just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this fulltime position include competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, such as a free gym and discounts on games and goodies.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented Audio Programmer to work in the shared technology group, which supports multiple AAA titles. Candidates for this position will work with and extend the engine and associated audio tools to facilitate rapid content implementation while retaining high performance.
The successful Audio Engineer should be both creative and practical and will have a good knowledge of audio design workflows. He or she will have the ability to help realize artistic goals through technology approaches and will be able to assist other Programmers to define robust and efficient solutions to systems and tasks. This Engineer can expect to grow skills in pipeline/audio systems design and implementation while contributing to for the foundation AAA titles.
- In conjunction with the Project Lead, technically plan and design audio systems
- Collaborate with Audio Engineers, Audio Implementers, and other Programmers to identify bottlenecks and shareable feature sets
- Provide audio maintenance and enhancements to a custom engine, including path planning systems used by acoustic propagation and other game entities
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Able to work closely with other Programmers and Audio Designers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features
- Able to architect, program and optimize C++ in existing or new audio systems
- Able to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently
- Able collaborate as member of a team and work toward team goals.
- Must be able to work closely with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to develop compelling technology innovative game systems and features
- 4+ years game industry or related programming experience
- Experience in one or more areas of game audio technology: PCM, MP3, mix routing, path propagation, and filter
- DSP usage, streaming bandwidth and latency management, distributed CPU processing, etc.
- Experience with FMOD or WWISE
- Experience shipping a AAA game from concept to completion
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.