Get a job: Boss Key is hiring a Senior Gameplay Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new videogame development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC.
BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon on a project that is codenamed “BlueStreak” a free to play science fiction first person shooter.
Boss Key Productions is looking for a talented and driven Senior Gameplay Engineer to help design and implement the future of dynamic, competitive multiplayer shooters.
- Work as part of the Gameplay team in a highly collaborative environment
- Design, prototype and fully implement new gameplay
- Design and maintain complex software systems
- At least 5 years experience as a gameplay engineer and 2 shipped titles
- Have deep and current knowledge of multiplayer gameplay programming
- Excellent at programming player-focused features
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Strong 2D/3D math
- Intuitive understanding of action gameplay
- Experience with networking, replication, prediction, lag compensation, cheat protection
- Experience with physics, inputs, AI, sound, engine and game systems
- Capable of quick prototyping and rapid iteration to find the fun
- Creative problem solver, don't take no for an answer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate gamer
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Lua and visual scripting tools
- Capable of debugging optimized code
- Deep knowledge of competitive multiplayer games, especially shooters, fighting games and strategy games.
- Figure out how to implement Doc Ock walking on walls and ceilings while shooting a fully automatic twelve barrel rocket launcher in a multiplayer FPS.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.