Her Story takes home the top honor at IndieCade 2015 awards show
Last night indie developer Sam Barlow's Her Story earned the Grand Jury Award at the annual IndieCade 2015 award show, which was hosted by writer/actor Ashly Burch and Hyper Light Drifter developer Teddy Diefenbach.
More accolades -- including the Developers Choice Award -- will be handed out at the end of the event on Sunday, but the list of winners from last night's event is worth noting, especially the fact that game developer and Purple Moon co-founder Brenda Laurel received a Trailblazer Award for her efforts to advance (among other things) virtual reality game design and the presence of games made by and for women.
Other notable award winners include XRA's Memory of a Broken Dimension (which took home two awards), Ben Esposito's Donut County and Robin Baumgarten's one-dimensional dungeon crawler Line Crawler.
Here's a full list of this year's IndieCade award winners:
- Impact Award: Consentacle
- Visual Design Award: Memory of a Broken Dimension
- Audio Design Award: Memory of a Broken Dimension
- Technology Award: Fabulous Beasts
- Game Design Award: Line Wobbler
- Interaction Award: Tribal & Error
- Story / World Design Award: Donut County
- Grand Jury Award: Her Story
- Trailblazer Award: Brenda Laurel