The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Tangentlemen are looking for a new designer with a focus on level scripting and narrative development. If you love working in the Unreal engine and have a passion for scary games then try your hand at joining a new company and a new culture. You must thrive in a small, tight team environment where each member holds a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Collaborate with Design Lead on game design systems and generate documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals.
- Implement, iterate, and evolve game/level design to final release of the game.
- Deliver work on time within a tight schedule, while working closely with the level design, artist, animation, and programming team members.
- Demonstrate initiative and in working towards top level project goals.
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by exhibiting a good balance between creative passion and humility.
- Minimum of 4 years as a level designer on current generation consoles or PC.
- Experience using Unreal 4 Editor.
- Expertise implementing neat, well commented Blueprints.
- Good communication skills – ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional design issues.
- Aptitude for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to take feedback and adapt to changes without feeling sad and mopey.
- Familiarity with Maya.
- Unreal 4 level building and scripting experience on a least one product.
- Experience with Unreal 4 animation and AI systems.
- Familiarity with one or more gameplay scripting or programming languages.
- Strong sense of story and narrative techniques as they pertain to the gaming medium.
A sample that demonstrates superior game design sensibilities. This can come in several forms including, a shipped title or a mod created for a retail game. A good sample is fun to play, is professionally polished, and is intuitively playable, accessible, and well rounded or just plain weird and awesome.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.