The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Senior Character Rigger to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Character Riggers do:
- Work closely with modeling and animation teams to create optimized rigs that fully address the needs of the character’s functionality.
- Weight characters in an efficient manner while maintaining a high degree of visual and deformation fidelity.
- Create tools that streamline the character creation workflow throughout the entire pipeline.
- Maintain character hierarchical standards and protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups / scripts.
Who we are looking for:
- Advanced knowledge of 3ds Max.
- Past experience with various rig setups, including bipedal, quadruped, and complex robotic / mechanical characters.
- Strong understanding of MAXScript, scripted controllers and expressions.
- In-depth knowledge of FK/IK systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 3-5 years experience with character rigging / skinning in a production environment.
Even better candidates:
- Unreal 3 Engine experience
- Previous experience leading a small team of riggers.