The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Rockville, Maryland
We are looking for a sound designer with a strong knowledge and understanding of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals.
- Work closely with the audio team to design and create original audio content in accordance with the project's design vision
- Produce quickly and respond efficiently to demands of multiple game teams for audio assets
- Implement audio assets using multiple techniques and proprietary tools
- Work with external sound/music providers
- Playtesting and debugging of game audio systems
- Work with programming team to provide input on future direction of audio tools
- Assist in maintaining audio-related documentation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in creating audio for games; including shipping at least one AAA title as sound designer
- Ability to create high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
- Excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment, recording techniques, microphones and industry standard audio tools (Steinberg Nuendo, WaveLab, Sound Forge, VST plug-ins, etc.)
- Strong sound design & technical skills
- Experience in field recording techniques and equipment
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications (WWise, FMOD, etc.)
- Experience managing external composer and/or audio assets providers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Able to manage large-scale audio asset production
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong artistic and creative sense
- Experience working with Steinberg Nuendo
- Video editing and production experience
- Experience in voiceover production, casting and directing actors, recording and editing
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demo reel or portfolio website is required with submission.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.