The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Burbank, California
Are you passionate about combat systems in 3rd person action games? Are you an expert on melee and combat mechanics, ready to work with animators and programmers to build combat systems that look, feel, and play great? If so, Insomniac wants to hear from you!
As a Combat Designer you will define a high-level combat design that fulfills the creative vision for the game, and work collaboratively with other Insomniacs to bring it to life. You will need to have obsessive attention to detail and care deeply about the way animations, controls, cameras, and other in-game elements combine to create a powerful gameplay experience. If you are ready to bring your creativity and experience to Insomniac, building top-notch combat systems for our upcoming titles, read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create clear and concise, visually oriented design materials that explain mechanics, systems and features
- Other duties may be assigned
- Develop and communicate layout, content, or system designs through written documentation, visual design materials, and verbal presentations
- Build basic level layout using in-house proprietary tools; work with the Art team on how to evolve the design in order to meet each disciplines goals and deadlines
- Implement gameplay and game structure through the use of an in-house visual scripting tool; work with the Gameplay Programming team to deliver content that meet each disciplines goals and deadlines
- Help assess the progress, quality and user friendliness of the project via methods such as usability testing, focus tests and in-house play tests
- Create proposals on how to change or evolve all aspects of the game to maximize potential and eliminate issues
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and shipped one title for a major platform.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar editors).
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling program. Adobe Illustrator experience and KISMET scripting skills are a plus.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills are required.
If this sounds like the opening that you have been waiting for, please use the link below and apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.