The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Needham, MA
Turbine, Inc. seeks a Senior Android Engineer for its Needham, MA development studio.
In this position, you will have a hands on role in defining and implementing key game systems and features, as well as integrating existing libraries or services. You will focus on client side technologies, porting to iOS/Android, and optimizing performance for mobile devices.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, assisting / mentoring other engineers on the team and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase. We are looking for candidates with a passion for games and game development.
- Assist in setting performance targets and optimize performance for all mobile devices
- Port and maintain systems for iOS and Android platforms
- Game system / feature design & implementation.
- Library / Service integration.
- General game development programming, including UI, and debugging.
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts.
- Implement robust, flexible, and well-architected systems.
- Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
- Assess middleware and 3rd party mobile technology solutions.
- Adhere to and promote Unity best practices
- Review the work of other mobile engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- Work closely with other team members, and take technical feedback.
- Participate in development scheduling and hit deadlines for assigned tasks.
- 4+ years of game industry experience. Solid programming skills and passion for making games.
- 2+ years Unity development experience, using the 4.x and 5.x platform.
- Experience with Mobile development is a must. Candidate should have shipped at least two mobile games on Android and iOS.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of C#.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience with client technologies and user interface development, including mobile input handlers
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment. Able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues, strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Effective documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Ability to work unsupervised and assist other engineers as needed.
- Experience writing GLSL shaders
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Familiarity with network protocols and non-blocking IO.
- Familiarity with Linux/Cloud computing.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Experience with high concurrency server processing
- Database design and implementation skills.
- Experience building asynchronous or synchronous multiplayer games.
- Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.