The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Glendale, CA
Disney Interactive delivers high-quality interactive entertainment experiences for Guests across all current and emerging digital media platforms. Disney Interactive produces blockbuster mobile, social and console games, including hit mobile franchise Where’s My Water?, multiplatform video game Disney Infinity and No. 1 virtual world for kids, Club Penguin.
Disney Interactive also produces original programming and a suite of premium web entertainment destinations that serve as the online and mobile gateway to everything Disney, including No. 1 kids entertainment destination Disney.com and the Moms and Family network of websites, including premier parenting blogging platform, Babble.
- Develop and own the creative roadmap for a free-to-play (F2P) game from development to live operations
- Take concepts from one-pagers to complete game designs with the help of your team
- Design and iterate on features through play testing, usability, and live operations
- Create new game features and enhancements to existing concepts and new games to drive user acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Maintain a strong environment of collaboration and talent development through mentorship of junior designers
- Partner with a team of content designers (level / quest / mission designers) to ensure high quality content in line with the game’s vision
- Participate in prototype efforts to prove-out early design concepts
- Present new game concepts, designs and stories to executive leadership and stakeholders
- Continually research market trends, incorporate up-to-the-minute strategies
- Document ideas, concepts, and technical designs in useful, accessible formats
- Develop successful design processes and share philosophies, methodologies, and tools with the studio
- Serious passion for games—you are a gamer, and have been for years
- Strong aptitude for free-to-play (F2P) games
- Social, online and/or mobile game design experience
- Thorough understanding of games' commercial appeal, including outside your personal gamer demographic
- Solid leadership skills to train, mentor and grow the talent of the design team
- Demonstrated success at communicating your designs and vision to colleagues from different professional backgrounds
- Drive to build a creative, innovative, world-class design culture
- 1-2 years of work experience designing F2P games, with at least one shipped F2P title as Senior or Lead; 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Unity experience
- Demonstrated prototyping abilities
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.