Get a job: Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Concept Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Concept Artist to join our SMITE or Paladins team, and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
What our Concept Artist do:
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new characters and character skins.
- Create detailed and polished final illustrations as requested.
- Create artwork for both reference use by the Art team, and for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional character designs.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy and proportions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Proficient with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Degree or formal art education in illustration or traditional painting.
- Experience with Unreal 3 engine.
- AAA game development experience.
- Experience with 3D software packages a plus