Get a job: Magic Leap seeks to hire a 3D Artist
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented 3D Artist to join our growing team in New Zealand and help us build the ultimate robot disintegrating science fiction experience. This role will be hired as part of the collaboration between Weta Workshop and Magic Leap.
The ideal candidate will have experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and requirements, as well as a solid grasp of form, color and light in relation to 3D art assets. You should be well-versed in industry standard development tools such Maya and Photoshop, and any additional skills you possess in areas such as asset animation/rigging, concept art and game level set-dressing would also be a highly regarded.
We are making something incredible; Do you have the art skills we need to pull it off?
- Conceptualise, prototype and create a wide range of visually compelling, engine performant 3D assets for Dr. Grordbort’s Invaders
- Work directly with level teams to populate and dress game levels and story sets within nontraditional spaces and configurations
- Take high-level written or verbal concepts and be able to visualise them quickly and clearly
- Actively participate in frequent reviews, retrospectives, and task planning sessions
- Respond to art asset requests from external teams and studios
- Help maintain the current game asset library, and provide optimisation suggestion where applicable
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Maya, with experience in modeling and texturing assets for games
- Ability to conceptualise thematically consistent assets and take them from initial concept right through to in-engine implementation
- Working proficiency with Unity, Substance Suite, ZBrush and basic C# scripting knowledge would be beneficial, but is not essential
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Interested? Apply now!
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.