Get a job: Capy is hiring a Gameplay Programmer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey! We’re Toronto-based independent videogame developer Capy (short for Capybara Games) and we’re looking for a passionate, multi-talented Gameplay Programmer to join our team as a fulltime employee! Specifically, we’re looking for an awesome person skilled in programming player interactions, enemy design and game-wide systems.
The ideal candidate has a passion for creating great gameplay, and for games in general.
They are eager to collaborate closely with a small, tight-knit, cross-disciplinary team, and ideally will have the following skills:
• Must have significant experience in Lua, ideally including the C API. It is a big bonus if you’ve used tolua++.
• Must have significant experience in C++.
• Must have significant gameplay-specific experience in videogames (preferably in commercially-released console/pc games, but even hobby/side projects count) working on combat / enemy + ai / player interactions / gameplay systems.
• Comfort & experience working with existing code.
• Deeply interested in game design, game feel and collaboration.
And here are a few firm requirements to consider:
• You must either be living in the Toronto area, or able to relocate & work in Toronto. This position is not open to remote work.
• Experience working within a team environment, specifically collaborating with art & design.
• You make things. It could be a commercial game, an exploration of tech that interests you, game jam games, or a little side-project, it doesn’t matter. We simply require that you show us you’re constantly creating, for any reason – personal and/or professional.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.