Get a job: Disruptor Beam is hiring a Senior Producer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Framingham, Massachusets
Disruptor Beam is building a new generation of games for every screen, based on popular universes like Game of Thrones and Star Trek. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working with some of the most iconic brands in entertainment.
Producers at Disruptor Beam work closely with designers, artists and programmers to organize and coordinate the game development process. A Producer's number one priority within the development structure is to make sure everyone else can get their job done. We’re looking for somebody with a knack for problem-solving and an approachable personality to smoothly facilitate daily communication and provide support for all the members of the team in task management, prioritization and scheduling challenges.
As a Senior Producer, you will be shepherding games and features from initial concept to final delivery to Disruptor Beam’s amazing players. You will take a leading role in maintaining our high performance/high quality culture, while collaborating with product owners and game leads to maintain clear and adaptable product road maps. Through your efforts the team will set clear, deliverable goals that are communicated and tracked across the company throughout their development.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensuring the development team is consistently delivering high quality gameplay experiences on schedule while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
- Acting as a scrum master for multidiscipline crews of game developers, includes facilitating planning sessions, running daily stand-ups, and resolving impediments as they arise.
- Working alongside the Production team to ensure an efficient and consistent production process is used across all Disruptor Beam games.
- Collaborate and negotiate with product owners, game leads and managers to ensure everybody is on board with the team’s current direction.
- Working in the trenches with Artists, Designers, QA and Engineers, helping the developers focus on the highest priority work with an eye to the schedule.
- Coordinating the QA and testing effort during production, closed and open beta, through launch and ongoing in the live game environment.
- Contributing to the production process and helping refine production pipelines, including grooming and maintaining backlogs.
- Act as product knowledge base for the entire team.
- Communicating to individual team members and contributors in various departments, fellow producers, and management on the status of live issues, tasks, features, and projects.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties as needed.
What We Seek:
- Candidates are expected to possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Producer within the video game industry, some of those years as Senior Producer and in the mobile game space.
- Extensive experience leading, motivating and driving teams to success in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of the mobile, free-to-play game market and associated platforms.
- Assertive and outstanding team player with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong Prioritization and Scoping skills, both for personal tasks and for helping developers identify what they should be focusing on.
- Enthusiasm for video games and games production.
- Deep knowledge and love for our IPs and similar products.
- Proficiency with Jira or similar production-tracking software.
What You’ll Get
- We offer world class benefits including comprehensive health insurance and access to a national network of doctors - and this is just scratching the surface of what our employees receive.
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Start work earlier or later according to your inner clock as the core office hours don’t start until 10 am.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.