The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Durham, North Carolina
If you’re a programmer who’s ready to be a decision maker, a mentor, a key player in a dynamic team, this might be the role for you! Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Programmer to come in and design and implement gameplay systems and features, and contribute to long term development and direction of gameplay department. Read on if it sounds interesting!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Take ownership of major gameplay features or systems, designing and implementing robust, complete, extensible, and innovative solutions to technical or creative challenges
• Take an active role in schedule maintenance, providing time estimates and task breakdowns for high level project requirements
• Work independently and with other departments to help meet requirements for functionality, scope control, fun factor, and performance
• Provide technical input to other programmers; mentor junior programmers as appropriate
• Independently identify areas for improvement and seek to make these changes
• Experience with debugging- diagnosing and fixing code- either their own or other programmers
• Other duties may be assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, however provides mentoring / assistance to junior programmers as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and a proven track record with shipped titles.
• Strong 3D math skills, especially linear algebra.
• Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
• Adaptive coding style.
• Visual Studio experience, LUA, and Maya experience a plus.
• Familiarity with component-based architecture and assembly level programming, and Python a plus.
Other Skills: Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently. Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once. Ability to enhance code, features, or processes beyond assigned tasks.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.