The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Clara, California
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Animator to join our world class team on our next AAA title for consoles and PC! Are you excited about breathing life into characters, creatures, and worlds? Do you excel at using your technical knowledge and art skills to build rigs and animations that transform static models into dynamic living creatures? Are you a passionate game developer looking to create the best player experience possible? Join our creative, collaborative studio where you will help craft visually inspiring player characters and creatures are as fun to watch move as they are to blow up.
- Create animations for players, creatures, and weapons
- Design and build custom rigs and skeletons
- Collaborate with Character and FX artists to get the best animation results
- Collaborate with design to drive the player experience through movement
- Help drive the art vision for the game
- Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Help set and maintain the high-quality bar for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on-time milestone deliveries
- Guide and mentor other team members
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as an Animator
- Professional experience working on current generation games
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Experience with scripting and animation sequencing
- Experience with animation technical work; rigging, skinning, implementation
- Understanding of core principles of animation and how they translate to games
- Understanding of how animation can help drive the player experience
- Advanced understanding of Maya/Max animation tools
- Advanced understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
- Experience with motion capture a plus
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine a plus
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.