Get a job: Sony PlayStation is hiring a Sr. Programmer for VR
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Mateo, California
Sony is looking for pioneering developers to join its new Virtual Reality team in San Mateo. We seek an ambitious, self-motivated Senior Programmer-VR to help craft unique player experiences with a diverse group of makers and contribute an early influence on our projects.
The Senior Programmer is a generalist role, responsible for building and supporting technology that all developers use to bring ideas to life. This may include animation, navigation, interaction, sound, instancing, scripting, graphics or tools. A major part of the role is working with team members to identify problems, provide creative solutions, and improve iteration. A requirement of the role is to maintain an open dialog with team members, inviting feedback, and identifying areas of invention and improvement.
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and tools to support gameplay
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Modify and maintain existing runtime code and tools
- Support and assist other team members
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Support tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Sc. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum six years’ professional programming experience
- Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Expertise in C and C++
- Extensive experience with 3D Graphics APIs / techniques
- Solid Graphics / 3D math skills
- Ability to write efficient/compact code for game consoles with limited resources
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- A relaxed attitude to working in an agile environment
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.