Codemasters' latest racing title, F1 2010, saw a strong debut this week, taking the top spot on the UK sales charts amidst a wide range of new releases for the week ended September 25, reports tracking firm Chart-Track.
F1 2010's sales for the week surpassed the combined sales of the other two games in the top three: Halo: Reach, which saw an 80% sales decline from last week, and Capcom's zombie action adventure title Dead Rising 2.
Firaxis Games' PC-only Civilization 5 debuted at number four, just above Sony's PlayStation Move-only Sports Champions.
Acivision's Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock debuted at number six, and the collector's edition of Square-Enix's Final Fantasy XIV launched at number 10, with the standard edition due out next week.
Titles falling from the top 10 this week include Just Dance, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, Red Dead Redemption, Kane & Lynch 2, and Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. F1 2010 (Codemasters)
2. Halo: Reach (Microsoft)
3. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom)
4. Civilization 5 (2K Games)
5. Sports Champions (Sony)
6. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Activision)
7. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
8. Mafia II (Take-Two)
9 .Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive)
10. Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Both versions of F1 2010 and the Xbox 360 exclusive Halo: Reach filled out the top three on the individual platforms list, which consisted primarily of the last two weeks' debut titles, though Ubisoft's ever-popular Just Dance slipped into the list at number 10.
1. F1 2010 (Codemasters, Xbox 360)
2. F1 2010 (Codemasters, PS3)
3. Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
4. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom, Xbox 360)
5. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom, PS3)
6. Civilization V (2K Games, PC)
7. Sports Champions (Sony, PS3)
8. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Activision, Xbox 360)
9. Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix, PC)
10. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)