Get a job: PuzzleNation is hiring a Sr. Mobile Developer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
PuzzleNation creates digital games based on bestselling printed puzzles including Crosswords, Word Search, Sudoku and more. Our games feature content from Penny Press & Dell Magazines, the number one puzzle magazine publisher. Our flagship apps, Daily POP Crosswords, and Penny Dell Crosswords are consistently rated 4.5 stars and engage 100,000 players daily.
PuzzleNation is excited to expand our efforts with the addition of a Senior Mobile Developer, reporting to the Director of Digital Games. The right candidate will be results-oriented, have deep knowledge and experience in developing mobile apps on iOS and Android platforms, along with other platforms. This role requires experience developing mobile apps using various common technologies, such as Unity, Xcode, AWS, third-party SDKs and many more. Knowledge of current mobile games, monetization, and marketing trends is desirable. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing game development team!
This is a full-time remote position. Our process includes video chats and constant communication via Slack and Trello.
- Oversee development of new mobile puzzle games based on traditional pencil puzzles
- Maintain existing mobile games with app updates and new content
- Manage and mentor a small team of developers
- Provide technical leadership for the company
- End-to-end development of new features from implementation and testing to deployment
- Participate in game design and user interface design
- Analyze application performance and implement optimizations
- Collaborate with marketing on technical requirements and implement solutions
- Keep up to date with the technological developments and advancements in the mobile game industry
- Enthusiastic communicator with ability to make technical challenges clear and digestible to stakeholders at all levels
- Attention to detail in all phases of development, including internal QA process
- Quick learner who can rapidly pick up and begin working with new tools and technologies
- Interest in traditional pencil puzzles with creative ideas for translating them into digital games
- Not above pitching in anywhere—will do what it takes to get it done as part of a small team
- Strong management skills, with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead the team towards a common goal
Required Technical Experience
- Developed and launched multiple mobile apps on iOS and Android
- Integrated in-app purchasing, advertising, and analytics into multiple mobile apps
- Worked with JSON and a NoSQL database for storage of app data
- Very comfortable using Git for version control
Desired Technical Experience
- Unity and C#
- XCode and Objective-C
- Amazon Web Services (S3, DynamoDB, and API Gateway)
- Facebook Platform
- Mobile ad partner SDK implementation
PuzzleNation offers flexible scheduling as well as health, dental, life and voluntary benefits, including a 401k plan. We are a 100% remote team.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.