Get a job: Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore is looking for a Senior UI Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore is looking for a Senior UI Engineer for its growing studio with over 150 employees. Our environment is a combination of casual creativity and functional productivity, powered by the studio's own proprietary game engine. This individual will have the opportunity to design and implement new user interface solutions for current and future generation platforms.
Working at Wargaming is a uniquely rewarding experience. One of the most satisfying aspects of life at Wargaming is seeing your work flourish in the expanding world of Wargaming titles and interacting with the millions of fans around the world who recognize your achievements.
The Senior UI Engineer will report to the Technical Director.
What will you do?
- Design and implement new UI tools and processes.
- Work closely with the UX team to ensure the best possible end-user experience.
- Liaise with designers, producers, and artists to implement new UI features.
What are we looking for?
- BS in computer science, computer engineering or another relevant field.
- 5+ years of AAA game development with shipped title(s).
- High degree of proficiency writing rich client code with C++ and ActionScript 3.
- Excellent knowledge of UI architectural patterns.
- Ability to write clear, clean, readable, portable, reliable, and manageable code.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Previous experience developing console games
- Experience with Scaleform and Flash Professional
- Prior localization experience
- Knowledge of STL
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts. Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.