Team Bondi and Rockstar Games' LA Noire
shot up the the UK retail software sales charts in its first week after release, after seeing critical acclaim
from the gaming press.
For the week ended May 21, the detective title became the fastest-selling new video game IP ever in the UK, tracking firm Chart-Track confirmed today.
The chart also saw another new entry, with CD Projekt's The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
taking the fifth spot just below Pipeworks and 505 Games' Zumba Fitness
, which is yet to leave the top five since release.
Both Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
held onto the top of the charts at numbers two and three respectively, with the likes of Crysis 2, Portal 2
and FIFA 11
stuck firmly in the top 10.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. LA Noire (Rockstar Games)
2. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive)
3. Brink (Bethesda)
4. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
5. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (CD Projekt)
6. Crysis 2 (EA)
7. Portal 2 (EA)
8. FIFA 11 (EA)
9. Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Both editions of LA Noire
sat atop the UK individual platforms chart, with the Xbox 360 accounting for 65 percent of sales, and 35 precent for the PS3.
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
once again saw all three versions sitting pretty in the charts, at numbers five, seven and nine. Notably, Valve's Portal 2
dropped out just weeks after launch.
1. LA Noire (Rockstar Games, Xbox 360)
2. LA Noire (Rockstar Games, PS3)
3. Brink (Bethesda, Xbox 360)
4. Zumba Fitness (505 Games, Wii)
5. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive, Xbox 360)
6. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (CD Projekt, PC)
7. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive, Wii)
8. Brink (Bethesda, PS3)
9. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive, PS3)
10. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)